Update – As of Aug 2022 Beyer Psychology Services will no longer be offering individual therapy for new clients. All other services will continue as usual. We apologise for any inconvenience and wish you good luck in your search.
All individual therapy sessions are available online via Zoom only. This page explains which psychological therapies I offer and gives a list of the sorts of difficulties that I can help with. Psychological therapies can be provided to individuals and couples over the age of 18. If you have any questions or need additional information about anything you read below then do get in touch. There is no such thing as a silly question!
My approach is called Integrative Relational Psychology. The ‘Integrative’ part of this means that I am trained to provide a variety of evidence based psychological therapies, and specialise in integrating elements of these therapies to design a unique and bespoke therapy for each client. Integration of psychological therapies is not about using a piece-meal combination of tools and techniques. Instead it aims to blend the theory and techniques of each therapy into a seamless bespoke therapy that best meets your specific needs and therapeutic goals. The ‘Relational’ part of this approach means that there is a focus throughout on the importance of the therapeutic relationship. Your therapy experience will therefore always be one of collaboration, with both you and your therapist working together to understand and explore your difficulties, experiences and strengths. There will be a emphasis on active participation and making real world changes that align with your therapeutic goals.
As well as integrating the therapies and approaches listed below, I provide most as individual therapies depending on what we agree together would best meet your individual needs:
- Integrative Relational Psychology
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing)
- Psychodynamic approaches
- CFT (Compassion Focused Therapy)
- DBT skills (Dialectic Behavioural Therapy – skills only)
Prices for individual and couples therapy can be viewed here.
What can I help with?
The approach I practice and therapies I offer allow me to adapt and be flexible to your needs and goals. The list below is just a summary of the more common difficulties that people experience so if you don’t see your difficulties listed it doesn’t mean I can’t help.
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Social Anxiety
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Intrusive thoughts
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Adjustment Difficulties
- Trauma (childhood and adulthood)
- Complex trauma
- Pre-trauma therapy safety and stabilisation work
- Depression/low mood
- Low self-esteem/low self-confidence
- Body image difficulties
- Somatic symptoms
- Relationship difficulties
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Work related stress and anxiety
- Stress/feeling stuck
- Establishing routine – activities of daily living, food, sleep hygiene
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Bereavement, grief and loss